Summary by Elmer
Original Article by Tim Horden
Overview: This reflective article shares what good defense looks like, first as an individual, then as a team. It is an easy read and great for beginner defenders to start learning the right stuff.
Usability: Mid Defenders
2 major categories of defense:
- Good individual defense
- Always be within 0.5m to 1.5m of your player
- Guard the man, not the disc. Good defense is just about denying the other team the disc. Do not poach unless you are 100% certain of the block.
- Be wary of opponents drawing fouls at high stall counts
- Defend as a team
- Frisbee is a team sport. COMMUNICATE. Your team mate doesn’t have eyes on the back of his/her head
- Play your part to boost the overall team defense
- Listen to the coaches to know when to switch up the defense